Educator of the Year AwardThis award honors the innovative use of pop culture as an instructional tool to boost student engagement and make a lasting impact in classrooms, as well as within the larger school and local community.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Educator of the Year award?
The Educator of the Year Award is Pop Culture Classroom’s way of recognizing innovative educators who are using pop culture as a way to engage students, inspire a lifelong love of learning, encourage diversity, and increase literacy in their schools and local communities. K-12 and higher ed. educators (including, but not limited to, teachers, librarians, administrators and informal education practitioners) are eligible to receive this award, and one educator can receive multiple nominations.
What are the award categories?
- Middle School
- High School
- Post-secondary Education (college/university)
What do winners receive?
- 2 (Two) 3-Day Adult badges to Denver Comic Con
- Free access to 1 (One) Pop Culture Classroom Curriculum
- Special DCC Prize Package
- Spotlight on the PCC/DCC website
What are the judging criteria?
- Innovative use of pop culture as an instructional tool
- Demonstrated student engagement
- Significant and lasting impact on their students, as well as within the larger school and local community
Who can submit a nomination?
If you know an educator who provides innovative and inspiring educational experiences using pop culture, we invite you to submit a nomination. If you see yourself as qualified for this award, you may submit a nomination for yourself.
Who is eligible for the award?
For any other questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading and enjoying your submissions!